Pump up your musclesSeptember 10, 2019
Protein ShakesSeptember 26, 2019
Taurine is an organic compound that is found mainly in animal tissues. It takes part in bile formation and in many other functions. The ability of mammals to synthesize it is limited, so the dietary intake of Taurine is very important. Its name comes from the Latin Taurus (meaning “Bull” or “Ox”) because it was first isolated from Ox bile in 1827.
Taurine has many benefits for health and physical performance:
- It Is very important for the proper functioning of heart, muscles, retina and the central nervous system.
- Keeps potassium and magnesium inside the cells while avoiding excess sodium; in this sense, it works like a diuretic. In addition, it regulates the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Taurine strengthens and protects the blood vessel system that supplies blood to the entire body, and reduces many of the factors that cause atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Helps to lose weight, as it improves the digestion of fats and makes the body use them as fuel.
- Improves athletic performance because it makes the muscles work better and longer.
- Taurine is an antioxidant, so it protects our body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Protects the cells of the retina from the harmful effects of ultraviolet light.
- Taurine is used to treat high blood pressure, hepatitis and high cholesterol.
- Detoxifies the liver, increases the action of insulin, and improves glucose tolerance.
Many energy drinks contain Taurine, however, it is better to avoid the consumption of these drinks and consume Taurine naturally or through supplements, as these energy drinks also contain caffeine and other substances that can be harmful.
The natural sources of Taurine are meat, eggs, dairy products and fish. Or you can also get all the benefits of Taurine by taking Taur Bomb.