What is Beta-Alanine?November 28, 2019
Beware of Caffeine!December 18, 2019
Antibiotics are medicines used to kill or restrain bacterial growth and thus fight infections caused by bacteria. There are some plants, essential oils and foods that have antibiotic properties.
Taking antibiotics when they are not needed allows bacteria to evolve and develop resistance to these drugs, making treatment difficult. This bacterial resistance is becoming one of the main problems of current medicine in the world. Therefore, natural antibiotics may be an excellent option to treat some diseases and infections
Here are some plants and foods with antibiotic properties:
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus oil is used to treat some respiratory tract infections. This oil has antibiotic and antiviral properties; besides, it is analgesic and stimulates the immune system.
- Aloe Vera: It helps treat skin problems, such as acne, boils, and fungal and bacterial infections. Aloe Vera is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal.
- Ginger: Consuming ginger in food or infusion helps fight oral, stomach and intestinal infections. Ginger has powerful antibacterial and antifungal effects, and also strengthens the immune system.
- Honey: Since ancient times, honey has been used as a natural antibiotic and as a skin protector to help treat and heal wounds, burns, ulcers and prevent infections. Honey contains hydrogen peroxide, which explains its antibacterial properties.
- Garlic: It has antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties, and it is rich in antioxidants. Garlic helps lower blood pressure, fight skin infections and protect the heart. It destroys or restrains the growth and reproduction of fungi, and strengthens the immune system.